WordPress is used to create websites that are stunning. Be it for professional or personal or even businesss websites. That is the reason that most people are choosing wordpress when it comes to blogging.
Features of wordpress
WordPress has a number of features which are great for bloggers especially. Here are a few of them listed below:
- It is extremely easy to use and managing of the website is simple. It is good to create powerful platforms and to make various changes to the site or even start a site in a matter of minutes.
- You can register whatever domain name you want – whether it is a .com, .me, .org or .net. Once this is done, you can even map the existing domain name to wordpress in a few steps.
- WordPress offers various unique styles and a host of so many high quality themes.
- You can learn a lot about your readers and have a finger on the pulse. You can find out how you were found by them and even you can see where they are from. There are various maps and charts which are presented which show you the stats.
- The best support can be got from WordPress and that too using various media – forums, chats, support pages and even emails.
- There are mobile themes which are responsive and so you are able to ensure that your site looks good on all kinds of devices.
How does it work
When you want to start using wordpress for blogging, all you need to do is visit the wordpress.com website and pick whichever URL has not been taken. You need to then fill in basic information and you can choose if you want to opt for the $25 annual hosting. However, if you do not choose that then you will have unlimited free hosting and a domain name which has .wordpress.com
Then you will need to pick a theme and have a social media account connected and an introductory post which is written. After which you will need to choose what plan you want – a free one or a paid for one and then create your account.
Customization of the blog
Once you have logged into the account you will be able to see the dashboard which is very user friendly. There are themes which are available – either free ones or paid ones can be chosen. You can also create new pages and posts. Once you create the page or the post you need to publish it. When you click on the publish button it goes live. You can add tags to it so that it becomes more searchable. In order to create hype, you can share it with your friends on social media as well.
One major point to remember is that when creating of these blogs, you need to be online. You will also be able to get support from the site in various forms and you can even create blogs and use it as a source of income.